Intr-un fel sau altul, toti purtam ochelari

Thursday, October 16, 2008

On branding

In the last 6 months I have been involved in a lot of branding projects and I really enjoy giving a hand in brand development...

On this subject i would like to talk a bit about what real branding is (at least from my point of view). Is it about a really great visual presence, a breath-taking slogan, or stated brand philosophy (mission, vision, values), what about a nice big logo present everywhere...

As far as I'm concerned, I can't agree with this...

Take a look at these pictures...


...this is a small sweets laboratory on Pipera Street, in Bucharest, near the place where I work. No fancy logo, no superb slogan, not even an always smiling personnel, just very, very, veeery good products... That's all.

This place is open even on Sundays until 8 pm and ALWAYS you have to wait in line to get your portion of heaven made sweets.

The word-of-mouth for this little shop is astonishing, one of the first lines I have heard about the new location where we were about to move was: "Oh, over there, near the Maria sweets shop..." and i heard referrals to this so many times that I just wanted to see what was all this fuss about...

Very good, freshly made products indeed and a real and authentic feel, in other words a natural born brand...

If you pass through Bucharest, go and visit this marvelous place. For directions, just ask any passer by about "Cofetaria Maria" :)

No comments: